Wednesday, September 30, 2009

My 1st recipe contest!


Today I created my first recipe!  I was inspired by the website http://www.mixingbowl.com/.  The site has listed many recipe contests, the one that caught my eye was the quick bread contest.  I saw it and I immediately knew I was up for the challenge.  The grand prize is $250!  This would give me a nice start on Christmas,  I am already preparing myself and my wallet for this occasion.  Anyway, back to the bread.  I chose the main ingredient to be sweet potato.  Surprise, surprise no one else has submitted a sweet potato bread.  This I hope will help my recipe to stand apart from the others.  Now, I'm not sure that I've ever had this type of bread before, but it sounded pretty good to me.  After a couple of trial and errors,  I think I am ready to submit it.  Wish me luck!!  If you would like to see my submission (and vote for me) it will be posted on the mixing bowl website under the quick bread contest entries.   The recipe is named "Sweet Potato Bread with Caramel Pecan Topping".  YAY!! 

Thanks for the votes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment