Thursday, October 8, 2009

Bon Appetit, ya'll!

Good Morning ya'll.  What a beautiful day today has started out to be.  The sun is shining and there is a cool, crisp feeling in  the air.  I gotta get outside.  Before I do, I think I'll start the morning with a good ol' southern breakfast.  How about some bacon and creamy, cheesy grits and big glass of OJ to wash it all down.  YUM!  Now I know some of you may not be a fan of the grit, but really if you haven't tried it, YOU SHOULD!  I have found that this is the best technique for me to use when making grits.

Creamy Cheesy Grits
makes 2 servings


2 cups water
1 tsp salt
1/4 heavy cream or milk
1/2 cup old fashioned grits
1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar
1 Tbsp butter


Bring water and salt to a rolling boil. 
Slowly stir in grits until no lumps remain.
Reduce heat to low and cook until thickened. 
Stirring occasionally. 
Add in the cream, cheese and butter. Serve.

Note:  Many recipes for grits suggest that after you stir in grits that you should
cover the pan.  My experience is that this creates a BIG mess, I have better
luck leaving the pan open, the grits don't seem to bubble as much.

I hope you try it, and love it!


No comments:

Post a Comment