Wednesday, October 14, 2009

A New Beginning!

Alright, alright, alright!  This  post goes out to all my friends and family who've always said, "Heather, you should have your own catering/baking business."  It is because of you that I am attempting this new beginning in my life.  Thank you! 

For about 2 years now, I have been throwing around the idea of starting a business.  Now, I know a lot of you are saying, "where will she find the time?'', and I may be crazy, but I am at a point in my life where I need more.  I am the type of person who has to keep busy, both physically and creatively.  My family keeps me physically fit and I am hoping that this new venture into food service will fill the creative side. 

I am going to be a personal chef!!  My plan is to start out just servicing my neighbors and grow from there.  I am starting with this blog.  This is how it will work.  Every Sunday, I will post a menu of what I will be serving my family on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday.   My neighbors will be able to look at the menu and decide if they would like to order a meal for any of the nights listed.   They can then email or call me with their order.  The price of the meal will depend on the amount of servings needed, as well as, the meal being prepared.  It's that easy.  The way I see it is that I am already cooking for my family, why not let me add a little more food and cook for yours. 

I am very excited about this, it keeps me up at night.  I have been testing so many new recipes with my family, some I will keep, others I won't.  Nevertheless, I have a great panel of food critics by my side.  I feel like this is a great time to start this with the holidays on the way.  Everyone is out running around shopping and partying and I will be a great alternative to fast food.  Sorry, Kristy and Scott, but I don't think I'll hurt your sales too  much.  With all this said, I want to thank everyone again for their support.  You're the best!!

No comments:

Post a Comment